Tuesday, May 09, 2006

& Then I got a job....

Hey.. I got placed at Wipro Technologies on 4th May.
Feels great to be placed..

Well basically before this placement, the other placements were all interleaved with my Prelims..

It was crazy.. basically i had a placement on one day & a prelim on the next.. Crazy stuff...

As usual, I flunked my prelims...

After the prelims were my Vivas.. they went off surprisingly well..
haha, my ADB viva was crazy.. My viva partner BLANKED OUT.... So, thru out the viva all I could hear was him mumbling.."Sh*t.. F**k...Sh*t..F**k".. It was one crazy experience.. Luckily i managed to answer all :-p

Now, gettin to the topic of placements...

I had given 7 aptis totally... I cleared 2 out of 7..

1st was TechMahindra(MBT)...Cleared the GD, had a decent Tech interview, cleared that, moved on to HR, which also went of smooth....
At the end they chose 11 out of 13.. & I was one of the CHOSEN TWO..
That was one pissing off experience...haha.. My revenge plan was cool though.. I was gonna study Like hell for the CAT, Join TechMahindra & fire the HR guys ass off... :-D


Basically, we were having 3 companies coming in a row, on 3rd May it was Patni, on 4th Wipro & on 5th, Infy...

3rd May(Day of Patni), started off with the current goin off at 8..God Damn MSEB.. & Neo Barking; Oh yes.. Neo has grown up & barks now...basically the high pitched yelp has changed to an even louder, medium pitched even more irritating BARK!!
Then i gave the apti, Patni people were wierd... they had no definete rules on the Apti.. They said stuff like "There MAY BE negative marking" what the hell is that supposed to mean.. either way, dint clear that..

So, that night i said screw all this, I need some rest & need to have a clear head.. Hence, i slept off early..

It was 4th May, I woke up fresh, No barking sounds, felt like the perfect day :-).. i had a good feeling abt the day..

Well, I reached college at 9am.. They wipro people had arrived at 8:45am itself. They were the first company ive seen that has arrived before time!
The presentation started at 9:30am... Pretty impressive.. ofcourse there was a lotta bullshit in it abt how Wipro is established, & Accenture is still Emerging..lol.. that apart it was gud..
We were given instructions that the test would start at 10:30 am, & on clearing that there would be a Tech Interview. On clearing that, you shall receive a form. On completing the form, you shall head to the HR interview; after this, the result will be declared.

Well, Igave the Apti.. It went off well..Was kinda tuff..They had Verbal, Analytical & Technical.
Manage all three fine, xcpt that the Technical Section had lots of Unix qstns in it.. & I'm not really a Unix buff..
Infact i removed RedHat linux coz it was a pain.. the damn thing had crashed & there was no way to fix it other than a reinstall...

Gettin back to the apti...Since there was no negative marking, could go for a few matkas here & there...

They declared the result within half an hr of completing the test...

We were then given a 1hr break for lunch. Tech Interviews started at 1:30...

Basically there were 3 ppl takin interviews simultaneously...

I had one gruelling Tech Interview which lasted abt 30 - 40mins... Went off amazingly well..

at the end of which my interviewer said "Im proud & happy to give u this form"!! It was an awsum experience..
Basically, I broke the curse, I was the first to get the HR form.. felt cool..

I was then fillin the form in the class with help from Subu, Rcq & Reddy:-).. lol it was funny..

finally filled it all up...

went for HR..

I was teh first to give the HR.. & I was the only chap to be grilled by 2 HR people...

My HR interview was crazy...
They asked the usual qstns.. tell us abt ur self, why do u wanna join Wipro etc etc..
some crazy stuff at teh HR was:
Q:Do u remember any Nursery Rhymes? Okay, think about it for a minute, & tell me what it means!
hehe.. I said "Baba Black sheep, & its about a sheep that is to be sheered & the allocation of wool to diff people ":-p

The end of my HR Interview was as follows:

Q: Which is ur fav band? Why?
A: Nirvana..Blah blah..

Q: Which ur song?
A: Come as you are

Next thing she said: SING IT!!!

& yes.. I had to sing it..:-p.. My HR Interview ended with my singing the first stanza of Come as you are... I guess I have to thank Kurt for the Job too!

Well.. Now that i have the job.. I have the burden of maintainin my grade at 60%.. Hopefully will manage it..


Its PL time now... absolutely no mood to study.. hopefully will get into the groove of studies...
Lets see wot the future has in store for me...

10 Comments:

Blogger Sunil Natraj said...

Many congratulations. I am very happy for you.

May 13, 2006  
Blogger humbl devil said...

congratz, dude...
come as you are...hehe...

May 13, 2006  
Blogger Kunal Mudgal said...

so basically..crazy stuff happened...n u got a job?

congrats!!!

May 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awsum dude,
gr8 update!
congrats once again on the JOB!

May 15, 2006  
Blogger Rachna said...

way to go fro...
congrats:)

May 21, 2006  
Blogger Sweety Maruth said...

oh d the funny HR round...!!!

can u sing one song for me ..phewww !!!

congrates yaar !!!

landed here thru orkut :)

June 04, 2006  
Blogger VIZAG - Youth For Equality said...

congrats man.. wipro is one gud company... and thnx 4 the detailed review, would b beneficial 2 me 4 the ensuing campus placements...

June 04, 2006  
Blogger Sweety Maruth said...

no updates here....;-)

r u busy wit ur new 1st job.???

July 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw u from which college????

December 06, 2006  
Blogger Vignesh said...

congrats on wipro... you haven't blogged for a while..

December 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home